CarolinaDivina

any dreams lately???

Monday, October 24, 2005

john lithgow is stolen

it all started on a beautiful bad mood friday

both my husband and my child did not sleep well all night long
and that meant i didn't sleep either
i came to work - walked into the vault - and sobbed - long and hard for about 5 minutes
then i laughed hysterically

it was such a release

the rest of the day was *rushed*
i left early to sit in traffic in order to pay for a dumb traffic ticket
i was irritated from my monthly curse
and then i rushed to get to the store, buy an upside down pineapple cake and a last minute halloween costume for my little boy (he had refused to wear his prince tuesday costume that morning) and made it to the school on time
since my little boy was being a real pingo it was appropriate that i found a little devil costume for just ten bucks!
i got to the school and did my obligatory volunteer stint at the cakewalk and then spent the remaining two hours chasing after my little devil boy
he ran wild - of course - eventually falling on his face and cutting his little lip - he ran to me with a sob and arms outstretched - oh baby - i said reaching for him - then connor ran by - in the blink of an eye he was right behind him

it was sooner rather than later that i was wishing for my husband's help - he is so good with adolfo - he certainly has more patience with him than i - BUT my husband had to work late this day and didn't make it to the fair in time to help me fill out the raffle cards - so we just gave the friggin school an additional $20 bucks because - what the hell - i can afford it - right!

and then it happened
saturday night
my lovely husband had gone to the office saturday evening and came back very late
he was catching up on his computer stuff in his office when at about 1:30 AM - we both heard - i from my bed and he from his desk - a car driving by, some kids laughing, then a big clumsy bumping, scraping sound
he jumped to the window seconds too late
they had taken off with john lithgow

WHY

the worst i ever did was tag my name on a bus once or twice - always in discreet places though - not where anyone could see really - but i never took someone's presonal property

MAN

i was determined that my little boy have his john lithgow - i went back to the store and told my sob story - the manager was nice and sold me one of the last ones on display for a mere half the price of the first - now it was a daily task to get the ghost out every evening up on my arrival and put him "to sleep" every night before bed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home